An exciting opportunity to start your accountancy career with The Harmony Trust Ltd, a growing Multi Academy Trust, as an apprentice you will gain valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT Level 3 qualification on a day release basis with Oldham College, there will be progression onto Level 4 available for the right candidate.
In this role you will be working alongside the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer as part of the Central Trust team, with the opportunity to work closely with the staff in our academies; below are some of the duties and responsibilities you will have on a day-to-day basis alongside the on-going satisfactory completion of your apprenticeship:
• Raising of purchase orders in line with Trust policy.
• Checking supplier deliveries, liaising with staff and suppliers where required to resolve delivery queries.
• Processing of Goods Receipt Notes (GRNs) in the finance system.
• Posting of invoices - for purchases.
• Processing of income receipts.
• Processing of journals
• Preparing petty cash reimbursements and posting of petty cash expenses for employees.
• To contribute to the delivery of the following processes in accordance with strict statutory deadlines:
o Maintenance of financial ledger
o Recording and monitoring of payroll transactions
o Revenue and Capital budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
o Completion and submission of statutory financial and statistical returns, grant claims etc
o Preparation of reports for the Board of Trustees and Finance, Audit and Risk Committee.
o Preparation and completion of the annual statement of accounts and documentation required for the annual audit.
• To develop and maintain complex excel spreadsheets and databases as appropriate.
• To work alongside the Finance Director and Senior Finance Officer to ensure appropriate support is provided across the MAT.
• Additional administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing.
• To carry out specific project based work as and when required.
• To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
The ideal candidate will possess good IT skills, including the competent use of the Microsoft Office package, good attention to detail and numeracy skills. They will have 5 GCSEs or equivalent at A to C grade and must include Maths and English C or above. For this role you must also have AAT level 2. Previous workplace experience is desirable but not essential. They will also demonstrate professional personal presentation, integrity, good communication skills and the enthusiasm and desire to develop their career within a professional finance role.
The rate of pay is £3.50 per hour (national minimum wage for Apprentices)
Qualification to be gained: Title and level
• NVQ Level 3 AAT
• Functional Skills English Level 2
• Functional Skills Maths Level 2
• Functional Skills ICT Level 2
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities