Job Title: Apprentice Operator
Maximise revenue on each consignment through co-ordinating the efficient operation and administration of the markets within the department.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo.
- Obtain competitive rates for all quotes received from customers by liasing directly with our suppliers both over the phone and via email, then and efficiently and accurately input them onto the internal computer system.
- Process bookings received from customers efficiently and ensure they are arranged correctly with suppliers
- Ensure a steady flow of information and confirmation regarding all bookings.
- Ensure a complete understanding of all quoting and booking procedures and invoicing procedures and operate accordingly.
- Investigate any complications which may arise in relation to the movement of cargo and respond to them in a thorough and speedy manner.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the overseas partners and build mutual confidence and respect to ensure market knowledge and competitive rates are at the forefront of every response to enquiries
- Provide the Invoice Administration team with clear and accurate detailed files within specified deadlines.
- Ensure that all duties are linked to and in line with the company values
Your skills and experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Problem Solver
- Attention To Detail
- Team Player
- Target/Process Driven
- Excellent Communication Skills
- An excellent level of literacy and numeracy
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a customer services role.
- Computer literate and able to adapt to using in-house computer systems.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>