We are a wholly owned subsidiary of a US based company which is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and tractability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser and print and apply label systems. We provide to a global reach of over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centres, several equipment repair centres and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the market place.
In this role you'll be working as part of the CLS team to deliver excellent customer service to our clients and to develop, retain and promote existing and new business. You will have the opportunity to spend time supporting other departments to experience a variety of business administration responsibilities within a sales and service organisation. Some of these activities could include assisting with quotes, supporting field sales activity, marketing initiatives and admin support to our technical service support team.
We are looking for a self-motivated, confident and strong communicator with a career drive and initiative to join our vibrant office based in Trafford park.
Job Description: Day to day activities and expectations within the role
• Interpret and process customer requests accurately and deliver in accordance with customer requirements and in line with our quality system.
• Manage the customer relationship from point of order to delivery
• Retain and develop existing business and to promote new business opportunities.
• Generally, maintain and improve high levels of customer service
• Provide administrative support to sales activity, marketing and other funtions.
• Greeting visitors and directing them to the correct person or department
• Managing the visitors book and giving out security passes
• Providing or sending out information
• General day to day filing
• Adhoc admin tasks
• Handling post
• Data Inputting into excel spreadsheets
• Excellent telephone manner and confident speaker
• Willingness and ability to complete apprenticeship college course in business administration.
• Must have good organisational skills
• Must have attention to detail
• Good numerical, IT and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work towards deadlines and willingness to accept changing priorities when new jobs need to be completed.
• Ability to work with people at all levels towards achieving internal and external clients' and objectives
• Previous work experience involving dealing with people is useful but not essential
Person Specification: This will be used for initial short-listing criteria
• A-C grades in English, maths and IT or equivalent
• Good computer skills
• Well mannered
• Good telephone manner
• Keen eye for detail
• Calm under pressure
• A professional and friendly manner
• Willingness and ability to learn on the job
• Friendly, confident and reliable
• Hardworking, eager to learn and develop new skills
• Team worker with a flexible, professional attitude
Qualification to be gained: Title and level
• NVQ Level 2 Business Admin Diploma
• Functional Skills English Level 1
• Functional Skills Maths Level 1
• Functional Skills ICT Level 1
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Rate of Pay: £3.50 per hour (National Minimum Wage for Apprentices)