Do you have a passion for Hairdressing?
A salon based in Grotton are looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser.
You will be working closely with the highly skilled stylists in the salon, working hard to get good results, develop good relationships with clients and be aware of changing fashion trends.. You will greet and meet clients, assist the stylists, reception duties including answering the phone and making client appointments.
General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming and presentable to the clients Practical skills such as shampooing, rinsing off colours, conditioning treatments, blow drying and eventually colouring and cutting will be incorporated into the training sessions and as part of the induction training period as well as on going throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Job Description: Day to day activities and expectations within the role
• Ability to communicate with clients in a professional but friendly manner.
• Client Care
• Preparing work areas for stylist
• Training towards L2 qualification in Ladies hairdressing
• Cleanliness of salon
• Reception Duties including excellent telephone
• Shampooing and eventually working as a junior stylist within 20-24 months
• Helping with stock taking
• Meeting and greeting clients
• Shampooing and removing colour and conditioning treatments after services
Personal Qualities ;
• Energetic, driven and positive.
• Ability to work with others.
• Friendly and bubbly personality.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the work based learning route.
• Creative flair with an eye to detail.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent time keeping.
GCSE grades A-D in Maths and English or functional skills L1 in both subjects.
NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing
• Functional Skills English Level 1
• Functional Skills Maths Level 1
• Functional Skills ICT Level 1