A global private banking group operating in over 30 locations worldwide with a focus on financial planning, offshore trust, investment management, company formation and management.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,250.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will be working towards gaining practical skills and knowledge and improving understanding of IT Helpdesk and Desktop Support within the IT department. You will also familiarise yourself with the ways of working in the private banking industry, including meeting deadlines, working in a team and ways of communicating in a professional environment. Additionally, you will gain insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face. Finally, you will have an opportunity to start establishing a professional network.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Answer the IT Helpdesk telephone, log queries into the IT Helpdesk system.
• Conduct research on new proposed desktop software.
• Assist with the provision of IT support to bank staff e.g. new software & hardware.
• Help produce user documentation and helpdesk reports.
• Scheduling and providing support in meetings.
• Screening telephone calls and enquiries, and handling them when appropriate.
• Assisting with departmental projects, taking a lead role where appropriate.
• General administrative support to line manager.
What are the ideal intern's personality, skills and qualifications?
The ideal intern for this position is a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career in banking and finance or the IT industry, ideally with prior experience or education relating to the industry.
• Educated to degree level, high academic achievers preferred.
• A high level of interest in computer systems, hardware and software.
• The drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including fluency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• High level of numeracy.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Proactive and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• During your internship you will work closely with your manager who will act as your mentor and coach. They will allocate work to you, supervise you and provide ongoing feedback on your performance. They will act as a first point of contact for any queries or concerns you might have and also evaluate the success of your time with EFG at the end of your internship.
• This is an excellent and rare opportunity for a graduate (or undergraduate) looking to develop experience working for a large private bank and receive hands on training and mentoring from highly experienced industry professionals.