In Ealing and Kensington we've grown into one of the leading housing associations in London and the South East.
In the early 1960s the UK was emerging from the aftermath of the second world war and although the economy was reviving, poor and overcrowded housing conditions persisted in many areas.
For a large number of people on low incomes, the only way to find somewhere to live was to rent privately. Accommodation was often very inadequate, tenancy agreements insecure and rents high.
The documentary Cathy Come Home (directed by Ken Loach and shown on TV in 1966) was instrumental in highlighting the issues of homelessness, unemployment and poverty and it helped alert the public to the scale of the country's housing crisis.
The primary role will be of a 1st line support analyst. This role is key in the IT team as it is the face of IT and the primary point of communication.
The role will be aiming to provide a broad view of what skills and processes are required to be part of the IT team. The apprentice will be exposed to a large range of people and departments as well as projects.
The role will be ideal for someone looking to make their first step in the world of IT within a service desk.
Responsibilities of the Business Admin HR and OD Apprentice:
- Learn and co-ordinate recruitment activity in line with Catalyst's selection procedure
- Liaise with candidates, recruiting manager and any external resources via telephone and email to provide updates
- Learn to deal with all call and email enquiries that come in to the Recruitment and HR Services Team
- Provide stats and reports using the HR system for any specific requirements
- Learn and shadow any communications surrounding HR policies and procedures
- Carry out administration and co-ordination support to the OD and L&D team.
- Be involved with facilitating and communicating different activities with the business, being involved with focus groups, training and other group activities.
Requirements of the Business Admin HR and OD Apprentice:
- Pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities
- Keen to learn new skills and possesses a 'can do' solutions focused attitude
- Flexible and co-operative team player. Able to build positive relationships quickly.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and face to face
- Punctual and well organised, able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
Salary & Benefit:
- Potential full time job at the end of the apprenticeship
- £13,500 per annum