Drawing on a global infrastructure of data centers and networks,the Companyoperates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations and public sector institutions.
On this basis, Deutsche Telekom offers corporate and business customers integrated solutions for the networked future of business and society. With offices in over 20 countries and global delivery capability,we provide support to companies in all industries. Some 47,800 employees combine industry expertise with ICT innovations to add significant value to its customers' core business all over the world.
Reporting into the Principal Consultant, the focus of the role will be to utilise proprietary technology and methodology in the area of content migration and integration creating a repeatable high value outcome for customer.
- Work as a member of the Development team and on a day to day basis with various client projects
- To develop and support content migration/integration projects and/or deliver services, meeting both industry and T-Systems delivery standards and to satisfy the requirements of the Customer
- To work as part of a self-motivated project delivery team
- To keep up-to-date with the latest migration, integration and collaboration technologies ensuring efficient and relevant solution development and support
- Understand and use all quality and relevant general procedures issued by the company
- Assist in the development of new software to help the business/customer needs
- With support and oversight from other team members provide development skills working with requirements specifications from Solution Architects
- Apply your skills to build scalable applications
- Test Drive developments
- Perform other job related duties that align to gaining work experience to compliment the apprenticeship programme
- Build awareness and understanding of security, recoverability and data integrity
- Develop and deliver software solutions or services within estimated time and budget
The Apprentice, Software Development will be responsible for working in a team to deliver short term migration/integration projects based on solutions defined by an architect who will work closely with the development team.
- One of your key abilities will be to demonstrate forward thinking, innovation and initiative in order to deliver high quality solutions
- This role requires some flexibility to engage with multiple customer and internal business units, consequently this may require travel to other company locations throughout the UK and to customer sites if required
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great team players
- Committed to solving problems and trouble shooting
- Attention to detail
- Open to new ideas and keen to learn
- Open minded and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Excellent Communication skills
- 5 GSCE's grades A-C, including Maths & English
Other Important Information
Working hours/days - 37.5 p/w, 8:30am-5pm, Monday - Friday
- Dress down Friday
- Many initiatives, Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellbeing Awareness
- Employee Recognition Scheme - Awards are given in the form points that are then used/accumulated to obtain vouchers
- Pension - which we will double match up to 13%.
- 25 days annual holiday
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- these will increase in line with employment service
The programme gives the role holder qualifications, skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Which will lead to becoming a skilled in content migration solutions and Software Development. This will be supported by the opportunity to study the Software and Web and Development