Lymedale Distribution Centre - Newcastle-under-Lyne
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we're unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we're striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren't afraid to make mistakes.
About the Role
You will undertake an engineering 4 year apprenticeship developing your skills and knowledge through continual assessment both at college and in the workplace, this will enable you to fulfil the below criteria after a period of 4 years.
• You will provide a service, measured against departmental responsibilities, objectives, and KPI's. (Key performance indicators).
• You will assist with the development and implementation of an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with manufacturer's recommendations.
• Ensure compliance with all current statutory legislation to include risk assessments and company requirements in relation to persons, plant, equipment, property, environmental, and health and safety.
• Work efficiently when carrying out routine & breakdown maintenance.
• Promote continuous improvement and change through own initiatives.
• Actively promote health and safety within the team assisting and ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have ESSOW's (Engineering Safe Of Work) written for them.
• Provide an effective fault response service to be available at all times in line with business requirements.
• Assist with forecast and control of annual budget expenditure.
• Attend presentations and briefings given to the engineering team in an effective and timely manner.
• Ensure all drawings and documentation on designated equipment is up to date.
• Ensure all reporting, recording, and administration requirements are achieved.
• Assist the Engineering team leader in establishing and promoting your training/development plan to improve departmental responsibilities and help ensure this plan is achieved.
• Assist the Engineering team leader by ensuring the recommended and any additional spares where required are available in the stores; assist with recording and managing spares usage in line with the control and purchasing systems.
• Attend college to successfully gain qualifications in line with apprenticeship.
• All relevant legislation, most critical health & safety.
• New Look health and safety procedures.
• New Look employee hand book and administration procedures.
• Departmental KPI's also dictated by departmental performance criteria
Skills and Experience
• Results driven with a desire to succeed
• Problem solver with the ability to offer a variety of options to address issues
• Ability to influence, negotiate and drive change as part of the Continuous Improvement Team
• Stays positive when things do not go their way
• Excellent communication skill both written and verbal , with an ability to pitch the approach to suit the audience
• Represents own views confidently
• Uses initiative to overcome obstacles
• Responds to customer needs promptly with the appropriate action
• Keeps up with role based learning
• Continuously strives to raise standards and knowledge
• PC literate that is capable of creating both word and PowerPoint documents to an intermediate level. Excel to have the capability to create documents, sort information and write basic formula.
• Flexible approach to working hours, with an ability to manage workload within a team
• Excellent attention to detail
• Customer Focused - both Internal & External
• Adaptable and Receptive to new ideas
• Interest in Engineering.
• Able to communicate at all levels.
• Administrative and organisational skills.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also receive a generous 50% discount after completion of 3 months service that you can use to buy the latest and greatest New Look product. We also offer industry leading training and development to enable you to achieve your career aspirations and short term goals. In addition to this we have our company pension scheme and holiday allowance of up to 20 days.