A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two Apprentice Software Development Technicians in Nottingham!
Who youll work for:
Reporting to the Technical Design and Build Manager you will have the opportunity to:
- develop the skills, experience, attitudes and competencies needed to gain future employment within the authority or with other employers
- gain a vocational qualification relevant to the apprenticeship area
As an Apprentice Software Development Technician, your job includes:
- To work, under instruction and supervision, as part of a team to deliver a quality service
- Deal with Council employees and customers in order to gain a good understanding customer care
- Use equipment (under instruction and supervision) appropriate to the role in a safe manner
- Undertake a range of tasks that support the work of the team
- Develop communication and presentation skills appropriate to the requirement of the post
- Work efficiently and effectively and develop the ability to manage their own time and workload
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to
- Access and attend learning that is linked to the apprenticeship standard and that helps to develop the skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role
- Develop the ability and confidence to make work based decisions in line with the post
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Under supervision, the post holder will be able to contribute to the preparation for new or changed services, adherence to the defined change process and the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Provides support advice and guidance to Technology Partners and Project Managers to achieve successful completion of projects whilst under-standing the business context.
- Provides support relating to service requests, incidents and problem resolution activities for assigned applications or technologies.
- Initially under close supervision, able to carry out analysis, specification and design of information systems in relation to ICT systems and services with continuous customer involvement for requirement gathering and development of use cases.
- With assistance, able to support the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended systems, ensuring corporate standards are met in terms of system specifications, design, common interface, documentation and coding.
- The post holder will be working towards becoming a recognised specialist resource in terms of expertise with specific application development tools, technologies or knowledge of specific application systems, or use of recognised methodologies and techniques.
- Use technical skills to set up and configure packaged solutions to meet defined business needs.
- The post holder will be able to create and execute test plans to guarantee the correct operation of completed systems or enhancements.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and that defined management procedures are adhered to.
- The post holder will take part in the transfer of knowledge and awareness of ICT systems and services to other development and support teams.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- To the Service Development- and Technical Design and Build Managers for delivering systems and services to agreed specifications, within budget and to the required standards, including security parameters.
- To the Service Development Managers for provision of application maintenance and support services.
- To the Service Development- and Technical Design and Build Managers for accurate reports and information on ICT systems and services.
- To the Technology Partners and Business Analysts for advice and guidance within on ICT systems and services.
- To the Service Development Manager and Technical Design and Build Manager for the transition of new or changed solutions into the production environment.
- To the Project Managers for the completion of work packages to successfully deliver defined projects and programmes.
Role Specific Dimensions
- The post holder will be expected to provide technical expertise in relation to application development and support activities whilst being assisted by senior colleagues.
- Allocated responsibilities cover some aspects of the application development including version control.
- The role expects delivery of advice/guidance and technical skills to small - and medium programmes of work.
- Contributing under guidance to the introduction of ICT systems and developments into a production environment.
- With assistance, the post holder will be able to build and maintain relation-ships with multiple parties, e.g. each ICT Service is delivered through complex interactions of technology, applications systems, information and people, delivered via internal and external partner organisations and external suppliers.
- Engaging with stakeholders and ensuring their understanding of often complex technical solutions.
What experience and skills do I need?
You dont need loads of professional experience in IT. However, youll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and IT / Science.
Were looking for an IT-enthusiast with:
Good standard of general education to GCE A-level or equivalent or can demonstrate relevant recent experience.