Babcock International Group is currently looking to appoint multiple Apprenticeship Technical Trainers to deliver our world class apprenticeship programme on behalf of our client, Volkswagen Group. You will inspire the next generation working within the automotive industry, delivering training at the prestigious Volkswagen Group Learning Centre in Milton Keynes.
We train over 1,000 apprentices per year as part of our programme taking them through from application to graduation. Our training is delivered across multiple brands including Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen Passenger Cars and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of people and contribute to their successful career development.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates from any of the following areas: Experienced Motor Vehicle Technicians, Technical Trainers and Automotive Lecturers.
• Develop and Deliver Training Programmes for funded Apprentices to enable them to achieve their apprenticeship
• Deliver and assess any additional underpinning knowledge not provided by their workplace
• Deliver and assess technical certificate qualifications & Functional Skills
• Provide guidance and mentoring to the apprentice and their assessor as required
• Monitor apprentices' progress in the other components of their Apprenticeship framework (i.e. any sub contracted delivery)
• Ensure training premises, facilities and materials are organised and dispatched as appropriate in a timely fashion
• Ensure pre course material is dispatched in time for the commencement of any courses and that course evaluations are completed and forwarded for evaluation as per company procedures
• Automotive Industry Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Specific and relevant Automotive Technical certificates
• Recognised Teaching / Training qualifications - desirable
• Strong Automotive Technical experience
• Excellent presentation/facilitation skills with a proven track record of imparting skills and learning to others
• £27,500 - £32,000
• Company Car
• Permanent, Full-time
• 37.5 hours per week
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Flexible benefits
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, provides 600 services across six continents and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Babcock Skills & Learning have a partnership with Volkswagen Group (VWG) and have successfully delivered the Volkswagen Group Apprentice Programme since 2008. Our training is rated as Good by Ofsted and Excellent by Education Scotland. There are over 1,000 apprentices on programme and we recruit approx. 500 new apprentices each year.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below.
Applicants for all vacancies should advise their line manager of their intention to submit an application for consideration prior to applying to any vacancy.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion