Apprentice Import Operator x 2
Reference Number: GB06381
Identify and deliver service solutions which result in the achievement of the company's financial plans through customer satisfaction. The marketing and sales teams are here to serve, it is our aim to provide direction and service support to the business units and business fields to enable them to fulfil their strategies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us on a 2 year Apprentice program. You will be given full training and support to enable you to successfully carry out the role of an Import Operator.
The Import Operator position is a key role within the organisation responsible for maximising revenue on each market through co-ordinating the efficient operation and administration of the markets within the department.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo
- Process all import bookings received from overseas partners and efficiently and accurately input them onto the internal computer system
- Process import and export bookings received from customers and branches and coordinate these consignments with our partners
- Ensure a steady flow of information and confirmation regarding imports
- Liaise with the Transport department to organize collections from the ports and to establish when the cargo is expected back to the RH terminal
- Book in deliveries of all consignments with UK customers, where relevant
- Provide the Warehouse and Transport departments with a manifest for each consignment giving clear loading and unloading instructions
- Ensure a complete understanding of all Export and Import procedures and RH invoicing procedures and operate accordingly
- Investigate any complications which may arise in relation to the movement of cargo and respond to them in a thorough and speedy manner
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the overseas partners and build mutual confidence and respect
- Provide the Invoice Administration team with clear and accurate details files within specified deadlines Ensure that all duties are linked to and in line with the company values
Your skills and experience:
- You are required to have an excellent level of literacy and numeracy
- You ideally should have experience in a customer services role
- You should be computer literate and able to adapt to using in-house computer systems
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Reference Number: GB06381