We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprenticeship Assessor in Business Administration, Customer Service, Warehouse and Retail.
We provide great training, opportunities for progression, not to mention great job satisfaction.
Job Outline and Purpose:
* To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups of apprentices and on a one-to one basis.
* To compile and assess occupational qualifications.
* Ensure excellent apprentice attendance, retention and achievement.
* To deliver English and maths Functional Skill qualifications up to level 2.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to apprentices, including induction.
* To plan and facilitate engaging schemes of work.
* To deliver inspiring training that meets criteria and standards for apprenticeships.
* To teach English and maths Functional Skills up to Level 2.
* To manage apprentices and their Individual Learning Programmes, closely monitor and review progress.
* To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set apprentices appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals.
* To assess apprentices' portfolios and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
* To conduct and document meaningful reviews of apprentices.
* Conduct timely one-to-one visits with apprentices in the workplace and support and facilitate progress
* Ensure that student attendance and retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
* To achieve targets to meet contractual obligations.
Person Specification Essential
* Full driving license with access to car
* Experience in the occupational area within the last 3 years.
* Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
* To deliver effective training sessions to groups
* To work one-to-one and set challenging targets
* Excellent communicator
* To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
* To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
* To assess work and complete observations against standards and criteria
* To work well under pressure
* To work to targets & deadlines
* Highly motivated
* Innovative & solution focused To remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
* Excellent organisation skills - diary management and ability to work on own initiative
* Competent in use of IT
* To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
* To devise individual learning plans
* To discuss British Values and embed into training
Within 6 months Qualifications
* Level 3 Teaching Qualification
* Level 3 in English and/or Maths
* Of delivering training to 16+ and adults
* Working with apprentices
* Working with e-portfolios
* Coaching and Mentoring
* Level 4 Teaching Qualification
* Subject Specialism - English and/or Maths
* Assessor qualifications
This role profile is intended to provide a guide to the main duties and responsibilities involved in the post at the date it was drawn up. It does not provide an exhaustive list and should be used in conjunction with the "duties and responsibilities" information for the role.
We have changed to meet demands of customers and stakeholders, therefore duties within job roles are also subject to change from time-to-time. This role profile will be regularly reviewed and updated, and staff are expected to employ a flexible approach to their work to adapt to these changes.
Changes made will be within the scope and grading of the post and are a common occurrence.
All staff are expected to;
* demonstrate and uphold our values at all times
* demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
* conform to our health & safety policy, promoting a safe environment for all
* conform to our equality & diversity policy, championing/promoting improvements
* contribute to continual improvement
* be appropriately qualified
* attend and participate in training events/days to continually build CPD
Please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your details. Please ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions to complette your application.